Fire officials have determined that the cause of a fire that damaged a Nicholson mobile home Wednesday morning was caused by an electrical malfunction. Early speculation was that a 4-year-old boy inadvertently started the blaze, which began in a closet of the 146 Steeplechase Road residence.
Mandy Murphy said she was cleaning a bedroom in the residence of her boyfriend, Tim Polanszek when she heard the smoke alarm go off. She ran to the bedroom and discovered a fire in the closet where the boy had been cleaning his room, and assumed he'd done something. That conclusion, she said made her feel "like bad mom of the year" when she learned the real cause.